Sunday, July 18, 2010

Changes, Changes and more changes

Photo courtesy of Photo Bucket

I start my new job tomorrow. I am so ready to begin this next part of my journey. It has been an interesting six months. God has presented opportunities for me to learn many things - a lot of things about myself that I wasn't sure I was ready to learn.

I'm thankful for this time I have had. Often, people ask me if I am glad my "vacation" is over. I always get a kick out of that. I can tell you that being unemployed is not a vacation. There is not a single day that goes by that does not require some frustration, tenacity, diligence and a lot of prayer. It's hard work. It can be defeating and exhausting - mentally and emotionally and, yes, at times, even physically. What I do know for sure is that it has strengthened my faith. It has also taught me to be a better listener.

Tomorrow is a new start. Little did I know that this year was going to be filled with so many new beginnings. Changes abound - and, most of them, are very good.

By far, I know that God provides - in his time, in his way and in our need. His timing is always right - even if we don't realize it.

Tomorrow, I begin a new job. I know it will be filled with opportunities to make a difference, opportunities to utilize my skills and knowledge, opportunities to learn new things that will stretch and challenge me. And, I know I will have opportunities to share God's love with the people I will be working with. It is my prayer that I am able to be a vessel that God will use to make a difference in someone's life. I would not have been ready for this in quite the same way six months ago.

I am a little apprehensive, a little scared and, a little bit tired. Tonight, though, I'm just going to let go of all this for a while and let my mind rest of worry over all of the "what ifs". All the badgering self-talk that defeats me of the joy of living where I am - right now!

Tomorrow - a new day, a new beginning full of new opportunities. Pretty sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts...