Sunday, January 17, 2010

A light unto my path and a lamp unto my feet

The sun is shining today. Finally! The day didn't start that way - when I awoke this morning we were surrounded by fog. However, now it has lifted and the sun is shining, the snow is melting and my heart is lighter. We've been surrounded by fog for several days now - literally and figuratively. I'm a little tired of it; yet, it fascinates me. And, it is a good lesson.

I was driving with my husband yesterday and it was so foggy we could only see a short distance in front of the car. It was a bit disconcerting because we could not clearly see what was in front of us - nor behind us, for that matter. It was like we were enveloped in the place where we were. And, the thought came to me - I guess this is a good metaphor for faith.

I am not a risk taker. I like to know where I am going. I like to have a map (mapquest is my friend). I like to have the assurance that the directions are clear, the road is safe, the detours have been clearly marked and the distance and arrival time have been determined. Then I can proceed - prepared and ready to go - in control.

However, I am learning that the lesson for this season of my life is all about faith. I guess I will find out what I am made of. I don't have a plan, I don't have any idea where I am going or even where I want to go. All I do know is that I'm willing to go where God is leading me and that He will light the way. It is frightening. Yet, it is exciting. Because I believe God does have a plan, He does know where I am going. And, the most important thing to me is that He knows where I am at this very moment in time. And, He knows that my hands are reaching to His so He can lead the way.

So, my prayer is this:
 
The Potter's Hand - Darlene Zscheck

Beautiful Lord, wonderful savior,
I know for sure all of my days are held in your hand,
crafted into Your perfect plan.

You gently call me into your presence,
guiding me by your Holy Spirit.
Teach me, dear Lord,
to live all of my life through Your eyes.

I'm captured by Your Holy calling,
Set me apart;
I know You're drawing me to yourself.
Lead me Lord, I pray:

Take me, mold me, use me, fill me.
I give my life to the Potter's hand.
Call me, guide me, lead me, walk beside me.
I give my life to the Potter's hand.

NEW THINGS:  I'm been a bit pre-occupied. However, I have tried new things. Looking for work wasn't on my initial list; but, I'm getting good at it and it is kind of fun. I enjoyed Family night with our kids and grandkids - the new thing was to relax and just enjoy each other. The girls took care of the food and drinks and I just relaxed. I sure love all of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts...