Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Something new...

I will turn 50 this year. It doesn't really freak me out as much as it has brought me a bad case of antsy pants. I feel like I should be doing more, making a difference somewhere or to someone, reaching goals, making new goals, enjoying myself more, ya da, ya da, ya da... So, after contemplating this for a few days, I have decided to attempt to actually keep a new year's resolution. I have several - but, I think this one is the most spectacular  - Seriously, who really cares about the others - things like painting my living room, cleaning out my cabinets, etc. So, this is the big "To Do" - I am going to reach out of my familiar (aka "rut") and try 50 new things in 2010. This may mean trying a new recipe, cooking at home, trying a new hair style, learning a new song, reading a different author, driving a new way to work (or maybe, riding the bus), eating sushi, trying a new activity - who knows?

I think it will be fun and it will give me something to look forward to and to embrace. I'm working on my list...

Below is one of my favorite quotes. I've carried this little message in my billfold for years (I'm ashamed to say I have no idea who said this - please forgive me) and I like it:

"Be brave enough to live life creatively. The creative place is the place in your life where no one else has ever been. You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition. You can't get there by bus, only by hard work and risk and by not quite knowing what you are doing. What you will discover will be wonderful. What you will discover will be yourself."

How cool is that?

By the way - Today, I am trying a new recipe - I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts...