Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I'm Putting a Dent in it...

Lately, I haven't said much about my "50 New Things" list; so, I wanted to bring you up-to-date:

I have created a great (and, I do mean great) recipe for Slow Cooker Pot Roast. I've made it twice now (well, actually, I'm not sure of that because a couple of weeks ago I thought I had cooked a chuck roast and it may have been pork shoulder roast, instead. I'm a little confused since I found the chuck roast I thought I had cooked in the freezer). Regardless, it has been outstanding both times - even if I do say so myself. Joe agrees with me, though. And, it is yummy with either type of meat.

I'm getting better at this blog business and am still navigating my way around the design. I'm trying to spruce it up some and playing with some photography, graphics, etc. So, stay tuned, I hope to be able to jazz it up so it is visually more interesting.

I actually went to the grocery store and bought food for a week and spent less than $100. I was so incredibly proud - I think the bill was like $ 99.48 or close - but, still...

I am applying for jobs everyday - jobs not even in my field; so, that is NEW! Now, I am waiting for replies and following up - the lack of response gets a bit frustrating AND we are faithful the right job is going to open for us.

I made the "best dip I've ever tasted" and took it to a party where I heard this phrase - "This is the best dip I've ever tasted" all night - So what if it was being spoken from my own mouth? It is excellent dip - Black Bean Raspberry Chipotle Dip  (Thanks, Megan) - excellent.

And, the big news....



... I am pretty sure there is a likely possibility I am being "called" to some kind of vocational ministry. Whatever this means, I do not know. And,  I will be talking more about this as I am trying to figure this out. Just suffice it to say I have been considering this for quite some time (for years, really - since 1982 to be exact) and I have NEVER talked about it - to anyone! It's time to explore the possibility (which may be more of a probability than I am willing to voice at the moment). It's yet another lesson in faith and, I'm sure, the reason I have felt so much peace about my job situation - there is something about a closed door and an open window (or open gate), floating around in my head, that holds promise for me. I know God has really awesome plans for Joe and me this year - Time to say Yes to all the blessings His grace provides.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight ." Proverbs 3: 5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts...